HybridZ

got an pics of 3" exhaust exiting infront of rear wheel

spork

I've got an 83 280zxt and I'm building a 3" exhaust using premade mandrel bends and I want to exit it on the drivers side in front of the wheel so I don't have to have all the turns in my exhuast by going over the rear axle. Has anyone done this? how was ground clearance? did you run it in the transmission tunnel and then out behind the frame rail? Or did you run it infront of the frame rail (right off the downpipe) and along the floor pan and then out? If so, how did it look? and did you run a muffler like this? I've done a bunch of thinking on all of this and I want to use a muffler so I figure I really need to run the exhuast through the tranny tunnel, but I can't figure out a way to get it past the frame rail and emergency brake cable and so on without bringing the exhuast real low to the ground? How much clearance does everyone have between the exhaust and the ground? do you scrape often? I'm thinking that if I'm real careful the best clearance I could get is 4-4 1/4 inches from the pipe to the ground. Any help is greatly appreciated