HybridZ

does LT1/LS1 work with JTR mounts

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ANyone know if an LT1/LS1 has the same mounts as a standard sbc350, and if they will work on the JTR setback mounts?

Also, anyone know if there are aftermarket ignition/injection control modules for LT1/LS1 engines?

Guest Anonymous

The only thing that keeps the JTR mounts from working, is the A/C compressor. It sits low on the pass. side at the same level as the setback plates. If you were not going to have A/C, then the mounts should work. I set my engine pretty low, and had to clearance the pass. frame rail for my compressor to fit. You may or may not elect to do this, since there is plenty of hood clearance.

Also, there are complete LT1 harness/ECM setups available that you can program with your PC, however, they run about $1K from Jeg's.

I don't know much about the LS1, except that the block is aluminum, and of completely new design, and will not bolt up to the older trannys. Hope this helps!

Guest Anonymous

I have an LT-1 in my Z with JTR design set back plates and no AC. It works fine. No other problems arose with this set up. Street and performance sells brackets that will allow you to run the ac compressor high and on the drivers side. I still have the brackets and would sell the cheap if you are interested. I decided not to run ac. As for the wiring harness, get the stock harness and the factory service manual. Label all the connectors and wires, the remove all that are not necessary. Its much cheaper than buying a harness. Good luck Mark