HybridZ

Is there a H20 temp sensor connected to zxt computer?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Should there be a water temp sensor connected to the computer? In my thermostat housin i only have 1 water temp sendor, and that is for my autometer h20 temp gauge. I do have the cylinder head temp switch. I was reading about getting wires mixed up on scotties 2000 pickup usin zxt ignition. Maybe thats why i am getting such off boost response?

There are two water temp sensors in the thermostat housing, one above the other. I think the upper one made of brass with a black center and green wire coming out of it is the computer sensor, but you should confirm that as I'm not 100% positive. Disconnect the green wire with the car running; if black smoke pours out the tailpipe, then it's the computer sensor. DAW

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jt240z

The ECCS system used on the 280ZXT does not use the water temp as an input. One sensor drives the water temp. guage, and the other is for the cooling fan. None of them is used for fuel management. The head temp. sensor (located near the back right hand side of the head)is used for that. b_hand.gif

JT is correct. The one sensor with the short pig tail wire sticking out is the thermotine switch for the fan that blows on the fuel injectors, and the other one is the temp senosr for the gauge. These do not effect the computer in any way.

Scotty used a non turbo efi system on his b2000, although it was turboed.. The non turbo system is much more easily adapted to a different car because of the fact that it uses the negative side of the coil as a trigger for the fuel injectors, rather than a crank angle sensor setup. This means that it could be adapted to a 4 cylinder engine, or even a 8 cylinder engine very easily. The non turbo setup does use an H2O sensor.

Check that your turbo spins freely, that you don't have vacuum leaks (like a leaky BOV), check that you have your boost controler installed correctly (so that it isn't acting as a one way check valve, rather a bleed off system). Also, check your timing, and it may even be worth checking that your cam timing is correct. Your chain could have slipped if your tentioner isn't working correctly, or if your chain has streched a bunch, or if you have shaved your head a bunch without raising the cam towers.