HybridZ

The Great injector hunt

Guest Anonymous

Guest Cusp

Anybody know the actual flow rating of the Mercedes 450 SEL injectors? I just got myself 8 of them from the U pullit and I'm curious if they flow 380cc or 420cc. I've seen both numbers here now, and it's quite a difference.

Also, those who have done the 450 SEL swap, any documentation on the wiring/clip modifications required? What fuel pressure do you run them at for economy, and what pressure for performance?

• 1 month later...

anybody that runs injectors from a wrecking yard with out sending them out to get cleaned/flow tested is risking engine damage.if you get a partially plugged injector on a turbo engine you will melt a piston.back in late 70s they didnt put injector cleaner in the gas.i changed a lot of 280 z exhaust manifolds that were cracked-it was from uneven exhaust gas temps from partially plugged injectors.a set of 550cc rx7 injectors would be worth the $25 each for the clean/test.if you are using 30lb ford injectors you can get a set of 8 for $200 in a mustang mag new.i sent a set to rc engineering for a car i swapped a chevy tpi motor into and they worked like new and came back with a printout on the flow.all were with in %5.

Guest Anonymous

You could rent a mercedes, and steal its injectors and plug in some cheap small ones off something else... (and you take the woman out to dinner in a mercedes and reap the bonus) ;) Return car," Yes Its running like crap! , you people said you had good cars"... walk out irrate... tongue.gif

Regards,

Lone