HybridZ

LT1 intake manifold modified to fit GEN I heads.

zgeezer

About two months ago I located a link off of this board that described the modifications necessary to run an LT1 fi manifold on a gen I engine. The work included jigging to "bore" a seat for the rear mounted distributor and a solution to redirect water flow from head to head permitting the use of the dry LT1 fi manifold. Does anyone out there recall the thread or have a site?

gw

I think this is just the number to bolt down on my vortech 350 truck heads instead of a Holley or TPI using a specially cast base (Scoggin Dickey out of Texas). Anyone out there have any information relating to LT1 manifold air flows. It haaaas to be better than TPI.

GW

the lt1 will far out flow the stock tpi. i have a friend that is putting out 517hp on the stock manifold and heads. we did spend about a total of 70 hrs of port work but it can floww some serious #s. darius240z has a suercharged lt1 that is getting in to the 650hp range. the lt1 flows alot better in the upper rpm ranges then the tpi. the down side is that it won't produce quite as much torque down low. but in a z who needs it. 2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

The LT1 flows better, but mainly its better because its runners are very short to the plenum. It is designed to pull strongly to 6k plus, whereas the TPI was designed with 17" runners for low to mid range torque and in stock form signs off at about 4800 rpm's. If you look at the LT1 you'll see the plenum is just basically at the ports instead of the long banana tubes sticking out of both sides in a cross ram fashion.

Regards,

Lone