HybridZ

Calling Holley #'s GURU'S

Peternell

I have numerous Holley's: torn em' down, rebuilt them, bought em' cheap cause I know the list number game, have rare ones (3 barrels) BUT I've looked in all my books, on the Holley part # CD I bought and have NO info to determine the correct metering blocks for various carbs.

Yes I know in some cases the # on the metering block is the same as the list number.

BUT I'm looking for an info source that identifies the correct metering block for each list number.

Any help??

Hi Larry. Let me see if i can help you out here. How many carbs do you need to put together? Give me all the carb part numbers on the throttle bodies. I can tell you which carb came with what metering plate. Just need the carb number and whatever details you can give me. I can get you information such as; All these numbers are how they came from the factory.

1) Primary & secondary needle and seats

2) Primary main jets

3) Secondary main jets or plate

4) Primary metering block

5) Secondary metering block

6) Primary discharge nozzle size

7) Secondary nozzle size or spring color

Let me see if I can help you out some way.

icon_biggrin.gif James

James, thanks for the response. (Andrew thanks also for your e-mail)

My books and info cover most everything you've listed EXCEPT items #4 [Primary Metering Block] and #5 [secondary metering Block].

I'll include the List numbers below for the carbs I currently have questions on BUT what I'm really looking for is a book or info source that identifies these so I'm not dependent upon others to answere my questions as I obtain different carbs.

What's your info source?

Many of the carbs I'll list are complete, but are they correct??

The question is"What are the primary metering block #'s and secondary metering block #'s (where applicable) for the following carbs?"

List # cfm

3916 950 3-Barrel

3418 855 vacuum secondaries

3310 780 true 780's w/secondary jets

1850 600 basic old standby

I've had 4 three barrels in the last year (sold 2) and the 4 primary metering blocks had 3 different numbers. Same with many 1850's I've had in the last few years.

Specific answers are welcomed, BUT I'd love to know what book or info source your using.

Thanks Larry

Hi Larry.

Fortunately my friend or Gabe's friend works at PAW. HIPO shop. He has a book from Holley that lists all the information about the carbs.

This is the info I got for you;

3916 3 barrel no listing icon_sad.gif

3418 855 primary and secondary listed as N/S

N/S = not serviced in the footnote icon_confused.gif

3310 780 primary 134-131 secondary N/S

1850 600 -2 , -3, -4 pr 134-128 sec 134-9

1850 600 -5 pr 134-128s sec 134-9

Well I hope this will help you out some. If I can get more info about the 3 barrel, I will let you know.

Thanks for looking the info up, BUT those are the numbers I've also got from the Holley web site. I'm not looking for the reorder numbers but the 4-digit numbers that are stamped on each metering block. I've got lots of main bodies and metering blocks and trying match then up correctly.

Thanks for the info! icon_smile.gif

Ok Larry I understand now. Sorry, misunderstood what you were asking for the first time. Let me ask my friend again. I was looking at some of the metering blocks I have and saw the numbers you were talking about. I'll get back to you soon with some info. James

• 2 weeks later...

Only got the same info about those metering blocks form other sources I had. So I posed the same question to my friends boss who is the manager of a HIPO shop; " If we buy carb parts at a swap meet for dirt cheap, how can we tell what parts go to what if they are apart? Yes some parts do have the carb id numbers, but most do not have any numbers that are written and categorized in anyway in any of the Holley catalogues I've seen so far. What do we do?" Well that got his curiousity and he did make some calls to his friends at Holley. I will let you know what he comesup with for us, as I am very curious myself. Sorry for the delay. Will post ASAP with the new info.

James