HybridZ

porting a tpi intake

Hey Grumpy, since he's just opening up the ends by removing the metal between the runners is he really gaining anything? I mean, the runners still have the same i.d. in the middle where he can't get his grinder in, right? He says it "feels stronger", but I'd like to see some dyno #'s.

Dan Juday

yes so would I, but the Idea was that each runner with the new mods can draw air flow voluum from the other runner on its intake stroke thus making the engine act like the runners are shorter and larger in voluum that the stock set up.the main problem with the stock setup is the ports and runners were designed for a 305cid engine and about 4500rpm max while a 350-383 tends to run out of air trying to breath through those runners at an even lower rpm in stock form, his idea is basically the same as the other aftermarket intakes (increase the plenum voluum and shorten the runner length to raise the rpm levels the ports can breath at.)