HybridZ

Fiberglass & Carbon Body

Idnevno

anyone out there have any ideas on how much of a weight difference it is going to be going from a 280z to a 71 240 with all carbon and glass body panels??? curius how much better or more obnoxious it is going to be.when i go look at it again i wll take pics of it. pretty nice to be getting it for free.... any knowledge anyone has would be great..

Dave....

Guest nezzie76

How much fiberglass and carbon fiber are you taking about on the 240z? Is the whole car that way or like just the fenders?

When I removed all the stuff off my 280z and put on the velorossa stuff, I tipped the scales at 2450 lbs. I think that stock 280zs are around 2850lbs. Basically I removed the top, bumpers, and front end. Everything was covered in fiberglass. I would imagine that a 240 could lose about 100-250lbs with all the fiberglass.

it has a carbon fiber hood, carbon and glass rear hatch, glass roof, fenders, doors, quarters, front and rear bumpers, and urethane air dam. it was a project car of someone's 6-8 years ago and has been sitting around for a while. if you have a weight guesstimate it would be great.

Thanx

cool that's a lot lighter than my 280 is right now. and yes it has fullinterior and some other kinda cool things like the power mirrors off a mid 80's 300zx and there are no lines where the spoiler attaches or the head light buckets. overall it appears to be a car in excellent shape given it's age and how long it has been sitting around.