HybridZ

Look of my new body

Guest Drewz

I am looking for some input on my 260...I have today ordered the Cal Z body from Showcars and it will be here in early Jan if shipping permits. I am also going to lop the roof off and go for a removeable hardtop. I am looking at the 250 GTO styled taillights as well. I want to be full custom without losing the Z in the process. I still awnt it to look somewhat like a Z but in a carpet racer sort of way. I am losing the stock marker lights and will go custom or none at all. I am also looking at filling the headlights in and going hidden in the grille under the leading edge of the hood. I am looking for some ideas to help the final little details. My buisness is doing good so its back to "MY CAR TIME". She looks so lonely there un touched. Time to rock... rockon.gifrockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

Drew .. on the Hardtop for a Vello Rossa thread I posted 2 new pictures of Jerry Jackson's steel bodied convertible Z with the Origin top and Jim Cook Racing flares (Look here Pete web page .Unless you want to do the steel fabrication, get the Origin parts from John Washington and bond on the fender flares to the cap and not worry about steel/fiberglass contraction..Convertible is the only way to go! I bonded on Jim Cook Racing rear flares to my Origin rear convertible "cap" and filled in the upper front vent and the rear vent then bonded on a flat piece of fiberglass to the entire rear end. I still do not know what kind of treatment to do the rear yet. I have these wide flared fiberglass fenders for the front that I want to incorporate into a Gnose style using the stock head lamp buckets with clear covers and joining the front fenders and headlight buckets to an extended nose and subtle spoiler with 240 z fiberglass bumpers. BTW recently there were a pair of fiberglass buckets for the head lights on e Bay . The square head lights in the grille area are a natural and I am still deciding on that one.I also posted 3 inspirational Z's two of them convertibles (one phot graphed by Eric Nyerlin) and two with the JCR rear flares and also a simple utility tail light kit mounted on aluminum sheet for the Z rear tailight housing I found somewhere

The hidden lights look is a must, with filled extensions. I am looking into the vertical slit idea in the leading front edge of the fenders under the extensions. Convert is a give in fer ser!! hehehe. I also forgot to mention the Viper scoop (teardrop) that I need to figure out how to put into the front of the hood. A direct air duct will be fabbed ontop of the rad support so when the hood is closed it seals to it. I am running the low rise dual four intake and will make the air cleaner I used previous work with a front opening instead of the side opening it has now. I love the low wide stance of a car that has the balls to back it up. HEY PETE!!! How R things bud? Still love your wheels dood. I may have to copy them onto my ride but I am going for originality!!!HRMMMMMM.......Yes it is the Jim Cook The rear 1/4 are about 3 inches wider and the fronts get 2 inch i believe. The rear 1/4's have small elongated slits almost like narrow brake scoops where they bond onto the 1/4 behind the door. I need to widen the rear taillight valance to get rid of the empty looking gap that the rear ends up with. If you look under members rides section Lee JuJu has the kit on his Z .

JuJu1.jpeg hope the link works

Guest Anonymous

Drew.....You could cut the top off even with those fiberglass fenders and bond on a flat fiberglass sheet to form the rear deck and cut you in a rear trunk and fabricate a trunk lid. I went to this fiberglass fabricator and bought this huge 1/4 inch sheet of surplus fiberglass for $20.00 and been sawing on it for months for fiberglass pieces.Get the origin top and header flange and you got a convertible.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! See that is the type of info I have come to expect from this group of peeps!! What kind of shop did you buy it from? My city is small so I hope I can find a source some where here for some bulk flat glass. Thanks for the info.....keep it comin man. cheers.gif

Guest Anonymous

The fiberglass sheet apparently came from a top panel that was never used for a bus made by a fiberglass "job shop". The "job" shop is a small busines with less than 10 people where we have been getting our gel coat and wax/parting film. We looked at a lot of places for fiberglass sheet. Found an old fiberglass pick-up canopy but the top portion had a sandwich composition roof making it too thick. Found this weird composite white plastic 'black board' but it appeared too plastic.I would suggest anywhere fiberglass parts are sold or made, they could have a fibeglass panel with some imperfection.. It would have cost over $300.00 or more to duplicate the $20.00 panel

I found a supplier here for the rear fiberglass sheet for the rear deck of the convert. He said he is sure he has something to suit my needs and I go tomorrow to look at what he has. He said it shouldn't cost over 60.00 bucks for a piece my size.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the fibergalss sheet and it is going to be slick. BIG PROBLEM!!!!!!! I ordered the CalZ kit but they gave me the price in American so my money order is short of the selling price. I made sure I said repeatedly that I was in Canada, even in my Emails, but they say that the Cal Z kit costs them 100.00 bucks more their cost than the estimate I was given. NOW WHAT???? Please go on showcars and give me your opinion on the "Glassworks" filled front fender, bolt on completes as well as the IMSA kit and Standard flairsets. Rob from showcars said he can't sell me the Cal Z but will deal me on anything else he makes from the catalogue. I am looking at the 3" cowl 1 piece hood but I am wondering if the addition of the "VIPER" hoodscoop in the front leading edge would look alright or if it would be too much?? All opinions welcomed here!!! 2thumbs.gifburnout.gifcheers.gif

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/

Guest Anonymous

Go with the "Glassworks" and keep your Viper hood. Standard flares... if you go convertible ..get a converible windshield cap from Show Cars which will save you a lot of work.(and could later on mate easily to their hardtop)

They developed the convert kit but never finished it. They may not have the cap but i will ask. So you think the cowl hood with viper scoop would be too much?? The IMSA pics don't look that clear or that good. I prefer the moulded "supposed to be there" look of the "glassworks" and standard flares. Anyone else?? burnout.gif Thanks for the input Tomahawk man!! 2thumbs.gif