HybridZ

91 300Z swap?

Guest Anonymous

I'm sorry I can't help you on that one. If the car's engine is really bad I guess maybe look at your engine bay as compared to a 71 to 83 280's engine bay. If they are close; then start cutting, pulling, welding and slashing!

But if I were you I would first fix your 91 up as best you can. Then sell it. You will then have enough money to buy two old Z's. One as a daily driver along with another with either no engine or a bad engine; you can turn around and do the HybridZ thang to!

Len

Guest Anonymous

I was just curious why everyone is against this swap...granted, it would be more expensive, but not by much...the local auto trader is full of 300Zs from the 90s for $5000 or less, and they are running. Nice 240 or 260Zs around here are usaully at least $3500, and certain things like brakes and suspension are going to be much better. The wiring portion may be a challenge (retaining the original dash/gauges), but the rest doesn't look so bad. I'm planning to get my feet wet on a 240Z first, but after that I may tackle a 300...likely with a blown or turboed LT1.