HybridZ

Strong LSD

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey Hey

I am in the process of building a 74 260z hybrid, so far I have completely striped and repaired all of the rust, (new floor, qtr/rocker panels, fenders, roll bar, and extensive structual moddifications.) My plan is to have to the best of my knowledge the first 4.6l cobra powered Z.

I am nearing the stage where I have to think about the drivetrain so I have a fews questions about Nissan LSD. Which years where they first offered and in what models, and do all 300ZX turbos have LSD. Additionally is a R230 a LSD and how similar are the cases to an R200 open diff (which is what I have.)

Thanks for any help

Guest De Schmaydee

.....the drive train invariably ends up being the weak link @ 350+ (or less)hp.....the r200 is pretty durable...but even the borg-warner t5 isnt much when you really put the hp to it.......jeffp was putting in a tremec tko in his zx (they are very strong but kinda hard to get in)...for an lsd......put a quaiffe in an r200 and you should not have any probs w/it (ever)....s

I generally don't like to tell people to do a search, but in this case it will return a wealth of info. The R200 should easil handle that 4.6 (unless you supercharge it). The stock turbo LSD's exist, but they are getting harder to come by and tend to need rebuilding if they are old. Ross at Modern Motorsports can hook you up with a Quiaffe unit (the torque biasing kind, IMO much better than a clutch type LSD) but at $1600 it is not for the faint of heart.

R230's come in LSD and are a viable option, but they are bigger than an R200 and require some mods to mount. Nothing overwhelming so do a search and get the details.

BTW, you may want to do a search on the 4.6L engine. They have been discussed several times.

I generally don't like to tell people to do a search' date=' but in this case it will return a wealth of info. The R200 should easil handle that 4.6 (unless you supercharge it). The stock turbo LSD's exist, but they are getting harder to come by and tend to need rebuilding if they are old. Ross at Modern Motorsports can hook you up with a Quiaffe unit (the torque biasing kind, IMO much better than a clutch type LSD) but at $1600 it is not for the faint of heart.

R230's come in LSD and are a viable option, but they are bigger than an R200 and require some mods to mount. Nothing overwhelming so do a search and get the details.

BTW, you may want to do a search on the 4.6L engine. They have been discussed several times.[/quote']

Or just look in the Ford performance section =) :D