HybridZ

Fiberglass panels

Guest polarity

Guest polarity

Has anyone considered making their own fiberglass body panels for a car? I was reading up on making molds and such and it does not seem overly hard or expensive. I was curious if anyone had tried this and could maybe give me some tips

Billy

i considered it but then i thought about leaning on my fenders while changing my plugs or bumping into something and the fiberglass idea was gone, i might try learning to use an english wheel to make some fenders but thats a long ways away -pete

• 1 month later...
Guest De Schmaydee

....i bet its harder than he!!....the little experience i've had w/anything like it was ruff.....but i really didnt have the right tools to do it.....

...have a friend that worked at a place that did that kinda stuff (not for car parts)....he said thay would use big blocks of styrofoam to carve the shape they wanted...then paint it w/the silicon-rubber "mold-stuff" and peel "that" off...and use it as the mold....

.....i think the way to go would be fibreglass/carbonfibre panels reinforced w/kevlar pieces (for the braces/ridgedity)....

how about:

http://www.fibreglast.com/index.php?session=84bad31abd899870e1e9ad2b0b4b20a8

.........s