HybridZ

problem with 83 ECU?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am using an 83 ZXT ECU that had an automatic transmission for a swap into a 78Z. was there any kind of neutral safety switch on these cars? I don't know what the inhibitor switch is so I was thinking that might be a safety switch. do I need to do anything with the switch wiring for the car to run?

also, is there anything special I need to do with the tach? are the resistors compatible between 83 and 78?

I don't think the inhibitor switch is part of the engine wiring harness, but more so the chassis harness. If you have the wires in question then just put them together to complete the curcuit..

Starter stuff shouldn't be any different than what you had before.. Auto or manual trannies should have the same harness.

Guest szlash280z

I don't have the actuall wires that go to the inhibitor. but there are a couple of wires that come out of a connector by the ECU. I will probably leave them unconnected and see where that leads me.