HybridZ

Any FD3S Rx7 guys here?

Tony240ZT

Guest ON3GO

what do you mean by best bang of the buck?

do u mean aftermarket parts or the car itself?

the FD is a great car.

im not the biggest rotary fan but they are badass motors when setup right.

mike

Yeah, as far as bolt ons.. I was thinking exhaust and intercooler/intake as being the first things.

I've seen some people mount front mounts with the stock air dam, but have heard it's not easy. Is it just far easier to go with a different air dam if you're wanting to use a FMIC?

Also, this car has an automatic transmission. Are they fairly strong trannies? Stronger than the rear end that seems to only be able to take about 350hp or so?

What are some of the first things to do to fight the over heating issues? And is there a sure way to tell if the water jacket O-ring needs to be replaced?

Car appears to be stock, it's the touring car with the Boss stereo system, and sun roof, also has mud flaps, but no wing, no strut braces, and I believe it has the softer suspention.

Maybe over the span of this year it will have a single turbo setup with my Wolf3D stand alone EMS.. Which means I'll be selling off my silver 240 for this car, but I've been wanting a 3rd gen rx7 for a while, so it's worth it to me.

Guest ON3GO

it might be the R2.

but i dont wanna break ur heart. Rotarys suck in auto.

good mods to do to tge car so it last longer and also better performance is.

Full exhuats, NO CATS!

boost controller of some type.

intake

FMIC

BOV

maybe some porting here and there :D.

i thought there rearends were pretty strong.. i guess not though.

good luck.

mike

Well, drove the car around. Car drove pretty okay, but really lacked the power that I thought the car would have. I've driven another one around before with the stiffer suspention, I prefer the softer setup.

There were a lot of little flaws that really bugged me, and I just had to turn it down.

I really like the rx7, only think I could be happy if it had more go though. The thought of busting an apex seal is a lot of stress to handle though.

The 7m-gte should make power much easier with a LOT more low end power. I've got to remount the engine, it's too low. I wonder if I can use the frame rails for mounting the engine, that way I could install an A/C compressor on the engine, which is something I was looking for. Also car needs better brakes, rear disks would probably help. I'm afraid of breaking the rear end, and tweaking the frame with the power, but I guess I'll just take it slow until I get a roll cage built in. Also my tires in the back aren't very wide, but I guess with money anything can be done, and hopefully I can fit a 3" pipe under the car.

Anyone know how much it would cost me to have the 3mm apex seal job done? The whole maching of the rotor, and a minor port job? That would probably make me happier about one of the cars.