HybridZ

Owen: Maxima Turnsignal wiring question fer ya

jeromio

I matched up all of the turn signal wires, except for the 2 orange striped ones. What are those for?

I have 3 pairs that go to Lowbeam, Highbeam, Park and then 3 green wires that are blinkers. Cruise control has its wires separate. What are those orange tiger wires for?

Hey Jeronimo,

I checked my wiring and here is how it is hooked up.

ORG/WHT - NOTHING

ORG - LO BEAM

RED/BLK - +12V

RED/WHT -

RED/WHT - NOTHING

RED/BLK - NOTHING

RED - +12V (for head lites)

RED/YELLOW - HI BEAMS

GRN/BLK - +12V

GRN/YELL - LEFT TURN

GRN/RED - RIGHT TURN

Hazard assy.

Looking from above, theres a two pin terminal on the left of the

switch and a four pin on the right. At this four pin terminal, I have:

Far left - nothing

2nd from left - +12V

2nd from right - Left Hazard

Far right - Right Hazard

I hope this makes sense without pictures, and I only had one

ORG/WHT wire???

Owen

That helps. The orange wires on mine have little black hash marks all along them - kinda tiger-y looking.

Anyway, I did a bunch of stuff Saturday and I discovered that I did need one of those orange wires so that the lows stayed on when the brights were switched on. So I have headlights all working and started on the blinkers (and then it was dinnertime so I had to quit).

I am using massive amounts of relays. I have a lowbeam relay, a high beam relay, a 2pole with one end going to parking lights and the other for instruments and then the set of 3pdts for the blinkers/brake lights.

I also have all the lights except for brakes running of accessory/ignition on. No more dead batteries for stupid-ass me....

Just to make things extra painful for myself, I also grabbed the intermittent wiper box from the donor maxima. There's like 30 wires coming out of it. I'll post if/when I get that figured out.