HybridZ

200zr or 300zr ASAP HELP

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok guys I just bought a 85 Z and I have a month to decide what I should do. rb20det, rb25det, vg30det, vg30et, or the vg33et. I have my eye set on the VG30DET though. If anyone has all the information possible to do the swap I will do it.

Wiring, mounts, etc. I need the whole nine yard break down. Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

Guest miloz31
Ok guys I just bought a 85 Z and I have a month to decide what I should do. rb20det' date=' rb25det, vg30det, vg30et, or the vg33et. I have my eye set on the VG30DET though. If anyone has all the information possible to do the swap I will do it.

Wiring, mounts, etc. I need the whole nine yard break down. Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.[/quote']

Man, how much money are you really willing to pay? IMHO go with the VG30ET, put a T4 turbo, externalwastegate, upgrade fuel system, FMIC, JWT cams and a stand alone system! Good luck and long live the Z31! :twisted:

Guest Anonymous

YEA THATS WHAT I HAVE MY EYES SET ON. IF I GO VG30ET THEN I WILL JUST BASICALLY MOD IT AND WHILE I DRIVE THAT AROUND I WILL BUILDING THE 3.3 BLOCK. BUT LIKE I SAID I HAVE MY EYE SET ON THAT VG30DET. WHICH STAND ALONE SYSTEM IS GOOD. I MEAN I GOOD ONE NOT SOME GHETTO ONE. GIVE ME THE LOWEST PRICE ONE TO THE HIGHEST PRICE ONE AND WHICH ONE YOU RECOMMEND. I REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP FROM ANYONE. IM NOT THAT FAMILIAR WITH TURBO'S AND WASTEGATES EITHER. SO IF YOU CAN TELL ME WHERE I CAN GO ONLINE OR GIVE ME A BASICS ON HOW THE WASTEGATE WORKS I WILL ALSO APPRECIATE THAT TOO.

• 1 month later...
Guest MegaShaft_2000
What does this have to do with 300ZR or 200ZR ?

200ZR came with an RB20DET and a 300ZR came with VG30ET.....but they are still different than a 300zx...

The 300ZR came with a VG30DE, not a VG30ET.

http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~ranfa/myfairlady-e.htm

"300ZR VG30DE (V6 twin cam no turbo 190ps(net))"

And since the difference of the names is mostly due to the engine, if you put a RB20DET in a Z31 chassis, that effectively makes it a 200ZR, and if you put a VG30DE in the Z31, that effectively makes it a 300ZR.

But really it would be stuck between a 300ZX and a 300ZR, since no 300ZR has the 300ZX trim, and no 300ZX had the VG30DE. So it'll be stuck between naming conventions, a true Franken-Z

So it's all really semantics.

• 2 weeks later...