HybridZ

Rear brake drum slave cyl on 240z

Guest Your Car is Slow

Guest Your Car is Slow

One of mine is leaking fluid from the rubber gasket....autozone has no listing of any part number for this....any quick options for replacement?

Guest Your Car is Slow

Ok...found the part...but 54 freaking dollars?? Gimmie a break....id rather have a 50 dollar discount on a set of rear disk brakes instead of payin that much for a tiny little cyl.

Two things...

What does it take and are there instructions for how to convert the rears to disk brakes.

Is it possible to upgrade the front brakes to the toyota 2piston calipers...then put the front stock discs on the rear?

Does anyone sell a kit to completely redo the brake lines in a 240z? Everything from the master cyl to the discs/drums.

You could rebuild the drum brake wheel cylinder. I would drop the $54 to replace it, though.

Ross at Modern Motorsport has complete rear brake set ups with on line instructions. He also sells front disk upgrades. Mike SCCA sells brake kit also. His stage 1 set up is the Toyota 4x4 calipers with I think 300 Z vented rotors. If you want, you can use just the 4x4 calipers with the stock, non-vented rotors up front. But I don't know of any swap that lets you move the front rotors to the rear. A quick search should give you the links to Mike and Ross.

I bought a complete set of Ross's rear disks and Mike's vented 4x4 fronts, complete with all calipers, SS lines, front wheel spacers, new MC and proportioning vavle for $750 from another member.

As for replacing the brake lines, get a tubing bender, flaring tool and maybe 20 or 30 feet of hardline and have a nice weekend :-D

Guest Your Car is Slow

hehe..the tubing is the cake part....I was more concerned with all the other crap like that proportinoing valve right below the master cyl (at least I think thats what it is) and all the little brackets that hold the line to the body where it connects to other sections of line and or the rubber boots.

I realize I can buy all the individual pieces (prolly have to..bah)...just wondering if someone made a whole replacement kit

Thanks for the help though!

(PS I did find someone to sell me a new cyl for 30 bucks)