HybridZ

electric sunroof

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

not yet..... but i have the sunroof and have already cut the hole in the roof. my 280 had the dreaded dealer add on pop-up sun roof. it was small and stupid looking. i went down to the local sunroof/tint place and picked up a webasto x-48 to put in. ofcourse, i just HAD to go ahead and cut the hole in the roof, and hook it up to a drill batt and open and close it a couple of times.......btw i got the biggest one they had and it barely fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of anyone that has taken a sunroof out and patched the roof back up?

I have a '76 280 that has one of those crappy aftermarket pop-up sunroofs in it. I also have a '71 240 that I am cutting the roof off for a Velo Rossa project. I'm thinking about cutting a patch panel out of the '71 roof and butt-welding it into the hole on the '76. I can't imagine it will be too difficult.

Otherwise, I may have to replace the old sunroof with an new electric one. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I had a 280-z that had an electric honda sun roof grafted in. It was the kind that raised up out side of the car and back. Couldn't open the rear hatch with the sun roof open. It looked great and was done really well. Car was like that when I bought it. Wish I still had it.