HybridZ

distributor swap ?

evildky

ok, another stupid question for you L6 guru's, my L24 has a points distributor (of course) and I have an electrinic L28 dist, to wire it I would need to hook one lead to the negetive side of the coil and the other to the wire that is currently hooked to the negetive side of dist. right ? am I missing something ?

It's not that simple. You can't just swap the distrbutors, you will also need the module from the 280Z, and I would also use the coil from the 280Z. Just swap the whole assembly and associated wiring. If you can find a NA 280ZX distributor, the module is mounted on the distributor, and it's a simple two wire hookup. But you should use the 280ZX coil, or an aftermarket coil that can be used without a ballast resistor. If you use the 240Z coil, it will overheat and fail without the ballast (current limiting) resistor.

Hope this helps,

Pete

but now that i think of it I am switching to a 280 tach because the 240 is dead and I happen to have a 280 sitting around, and I also have an MSD 6A sitting on a shelf I was gonna use for another project so I think I can handle it now, any warning before I do this ?