HybridZ

What Color for My Z

Guest Look A Z

Guest ON3GO

i dont think thats the same color.... although thats nice.

i think somebody on here does have skyline gunmetal on his Z, i just cant remember his screen name, ill check.

i also have every other skyline color with paint code if you need it.

mike

Guest Damn Cracker

I doubt anybody's going to agree with me, but I always though flat black primier was the most menacing paint scheme for any car.

Guest Zachb55

Flat black is actually something i would do over a shiny black if it held up like a paint with a hard clear over it, i cant imagine you could have a good protective surface that would be easy to clean and have it be a Flat gloss either :( but personally im going with Yellow, Z cars, i mean most all sports cars, look great in yellow, just stay away from a light or pale yellow, i dont like them....

-Zach

Guest greimann
Flat black is actually something i would do over a shiny black if it held up like a paint with a hard clear over it' date=' i cant imagine you could have a good protective surface that would be easy to clean and have it be a Flat gloss either ....

-Zach[/quote']

You could actually do that if you put down a gloss black first and topped it with a mat (semigloss) clear, not that I would advise it.

There are several drawbacks to having a non-gloss finish. First, you diminish the sexy curves, reflections and highlights that make the Z cars desirable. Second, if you scratch it, how do you polish it out? I can polish something up to a high gloss, but how do you polish to 50% gloss to match surrounding panel? Waxing would be out of the question.

Guest Damn Cracker

Another reason why primer is better. If it gets scratched, you just go get some rattle can primer for $1.50, and speay over it. You never have to worry about bird crap, someone keying your car, etc. :D