HybridZ

HOw to get rid of door dings

Guest Zachieved

Guest Zachieved

hey all

just wondering if there is an easy way to get out door dings without plastering my door with bondo, even tho most are fairly tiny is there way to do it with the bondo or paying someone, im hoping i dont need special tools or anything, im thinking i wont be able to do it myself but i thought i would just throw the question out there to tery and save me some cash

thanks all sean

by the way im working with a 76 2 seater

Guest loco280zx

Well cheif I usually use a rubber mallet or even a crow bar. Place it behind the dent and softly tap until the dent goes away. I have even used a 2x4 piece of wood to pull dents out. This can sometimes be tricky to get in the areas behind the dents. I have tried this several times on new cars like my buddies civic, mazda 626, eclipse, and tercel. Just be careful and be patient. Good luck. 8)

Guest Willieboy240z

...DON'T buy one of those dent pullers advertised on TV. They don't work worth diddly-squat. I saw a report on the local news that showed it in action. Crummy.

Invest $25 and buy yourself an inexpensive set of metal working hammers and dollies. Find yourself basic body working information in book form or better yet search the net. Read, study, practice and you'll do just fine. Patience and practice is the key. A grinder is nice, saves on muscle fatique, or as a last resort chuck up a drill! Also use a rubber sanding block...keeps things flat. Good luck

VAN

If your paint is still good and the dents don't have a crease, then look to see if there is a Dent Doctors or a company similar to them. They massage the dent out without having to repaint. I've personaly seen the work that these guys do and you can not even tell there was a dent to begin with. My buddy had 12 dents on his GN, the Dent Doctor guy got all of them out except for one on the A-pillar, says a lot being that it's a black car. Compared to body work and a paint job, Dent Doctors is a heck of a lot cheaper.

!M!