HybridZ

hot wired!

fl327

finally got the gremlins out of the system~!!!!! running and headlights were killing me this week, besides being ultra busy and only getting an hour at a time to diagnose and fix. installed some H4s with the small bulbs for now without relays, will relay them in once i go 90-100 for now im near stock voltage-these things are briiiiiiiiiight!!! I did make sure to fix the one eyed willy effect and my oil/water guage before i did any mods to it, so i didnt have to go backwards and double diagnose my stuff. caught a rainy night at the shop to my lonesome and just knocked it out.

put in an autometer guage to replace my vdo that i thought was reading wrong, IT WAS WAY OFF. with the three inch exhaust, a stock unadjustable wastegate, and big throttle body with the J-pipe its making 8psi in the blink of an eye, it used to read 5psi, im thinking the extra 1-2 psi gain over stock was from the 3" system alone, plus an exhaust leak out the dp flange! can someone confirm the stock 280zxt boost rating? i have heard 6-7 stock but my 83 with a turbo timer in it used to read 4.5????? im rockin 8psi from 2k- i dont know, too wet outside, i just floored it in first real fast to see, NICE... this is scary as well when i think about it, that means when i had the adjustable boost guage and had to set to 8 on the old guage, i could have boosting 10=-`12 psi, and running well at that level? the zxt is gone, along with a slew of add on componentry.

that turbo timer(greddy) is in my car now, along with all of its audio equipment!!! (still need an amp to get it to really blast) turbo timer sings when you turn the car on, its funny.

also did something that REALLY opened my eyes, hotwired the fuel pump (porsche 944t race spec) with a relay and ten guage to the alternator, basically fully copied the kit that racetronix.com sells on the GN forums, and now the car takes off like a rocket with the fuel pressure backed down to factory specs, they say that hotwiring the pump makes it pull 18% more, I FULLY BELIEVE THAT NOW!!! the car is pulling harder at low speeds and driving better, with 10psi less rail pressure. its freakin lovely, havent had a chance to reference it to mpg yet, but i think i may gain a mile or two, its driving a lot smoother since i did that fuel mod, so i think i was really losing a bunch of voltage through the old setup. troubleshooting my sensors and all efi equipment, i also replaced two injectors, the head temp sensor, and swapped out the ecu, dist, and afm in my car for manual trans units, cant tell if that did anything, but i do know that they both worked right at least.

car is running pretty tough right now, couldnt even play with half throttle because its raining cats and dogs outside, but i know its gonna run for me. next up is putting together intercooler piping and couplers, and getting my ic modded to fit in my car (NPR). next ricerocket agenda--- reinstall the 94 mustang power black leather seats that myseteriously disappeared from the v8 car, ditch the mr2 seats that are in it, and add me some amps! im going slow on the IC because A-its important to take your time on stuff like this B-i want to know exactly how much of everything I will need since the stuff is expensive, and i want good stuff holding my induction together. so for now, im gonna concentrate on things that make the car drive better, besides, GAS IS KILLING ME!