HybridZ

annoying beeping noise??? really really wierd

Whenever I start up the car, I can clearly hear a tiny but persistant beeeep beeeep noise coming from the dashboard... what can this be? its not really a big problem but its just something I want to get rid off! Any idea of where that bastard speaker is? I have no idea of where to even begin looking...

IIRC the noisebox is under/behind the dash, just below where the dash light resistor switch is--kinda a pain to get to. Has 2 terminals on top

You can either unplug the box, or the 2 small wires that go up to the ignition switch--it sounds like the key buzzer switch is FUBAR, and making the buzer stay on maybe?

oops--guess that would help, huh?

Mine was on the left side--at the bottom of the dash, the steel frame forms a little "shelf" along the bottom edge--there is a small box mounted on top of it, midway between the column and the door jamb--should have 2 wires connected to the top of it (I think they are red/white, fairly small gauge wires, but not sure)--unplug that and it will shut up.

Or, you can remove the plastic cover from the bottom of the steering column to expose the ignition switch--there is the main harness that plugs into the back of it, and a smaller harness that attaches to the side, towards the end where you put the key in (again, you'll see those red wires)--unplug that and it'll have the same effect--there is a small switch inside the ignition assembly that tells the car when the key is in the ignition and the door is open--either the switch in the ignition is screwed up, or the secondary circuit on your door switch is grounded (there are actually 2 switches built into the drivers door pin switch--but that wiring is even harder to get to)

I'd try and get pics for you, but my car is in a million pieces right now, so it wouldnt help

Jim