HybridZ

Help with a Chevy 350 in a 250 GTO

Guest bj1785

Guest bj1785

I have a 250 gto replica built by Tom Mcburnie on a 72 240z and inherited by myself about 6 months ago. The car could use some work to bring it back to the condition it was once in and I could use some assistance with pointing me in the right direction. I am in MI( Harper Woods ). Any tips or assitance you could provide would be greatly appreaciated. my car has a chevy 350 bored to about 30 over with a Edelbrock 4 barrel carb that is currently not running right. I have seen a picture of speed racers engine on this board and it looks very similar. If anyone knows of any good mechanics in the area please let me know. I have changed the distributor, plugs, wires, battery, coil, and converted the points to an elctronic ignition yet the car still does not want to start. Any opinions/ advice would be appreaciated.

Thanks, Brian

Is there gas in the tank? :wink: Sorry, I couldn't resist! Seriously though, did the car sit for a long time? Fuel filter, pump etc. often have problems in motors that have not been run in a long time. Does the motor turn over? Is it cranking, but not firing at all? Does it fire and die? I'm sure there are a lot of guys on this board that can help you if you describe what is happening. Good luck! :roll:

Guest bj1785

Good news. The car runs and runs strong. It turns out some of the electrical was wired to the wrong spot on the ballast. Still some work left on a few things.Great project car. I hope to have it ready fr the Dream cruise here in MI this summer. Thank you for all that replied.

:D bj1785 You might be interested to know that we have a Kit Car club that meets the third Monday of every month at Julliano's Restaurant which is located at 27380 Van Dyke in Warren (just North of 11 Mile Road on the East side). The meeting starts at 7:30 PM but most of us get their early to have dinner and talk about cars.

Here's a link to our web site http://www.usol.com/~hutch/

Hope to see you there.

• 1 month later...