HybridZ

hood bracket for a Mcburnie 250 gto

Guest bj1785

Guest bj1785

Does anyone know where I can find one of these ? It is the bracket that attaches the hood to the front bumper. I am restoring this car originally built in 89 and not taken care of very well. :( ne of the brackets is rusted and broken.

Jim Simpson http://www.simpsondesign.net/ might be another source since he sold the GTO kit (called it the Rhino) and is still in the business (although he sold the GTO molds to Stable Autoworks). So..... you might want to check with Jeff at Stable Autoworks http://www.zcarkits.com/ as well.

Having said that, I thought that the McBurnie, Simpson and Stable Autowork kits used '60's Corvette hood hinges moumted on the radiator core support. It certainly could be that you have a modified McBurnie but are you sure your car is actually a McBurnie? :?:

Guest bj1785

The car has the mcburnie logo stamped into the under side of the hood as well as the driver side rocker panel. In addition to that I sent an e-mail to Mr. Mcburnie at thunder ranch asking him for any info he had on the car. His reply was that this was his personal car and was featured in Kit car illustrated in 91'. thanks for the Information I will look into it and reply back.

Brian 8)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nezzie76

My Mcburnie front end didn't come with the corvette hinges. Basically it wasn't built for them to work. I tried. They work on Larry's Alpha kit just fine, but they weren't built for the Mcburnie (well at least not mine). If someone does find out about what hinges to use I'd love to know. I've spent so much time trying to figure something out that I've given up.

Guest bj1785
My Mcburnie front end didn't come with the corvette hinges. Basically it wasn't built for them to work. I tried. They work on Larry's Alpha kit just fine, but they weren't built for the Mcburnie (well at least not mine). If someone does find out about what hinges to use I'd love to know. I've spent so much time trying to figure something out that I've given up.

Go to Thunderranch.com. I just called them and they are sending the parts out cod for me. the number is 619-444-1006.

Good luck 8)

• 1 year later...

Higuys,

I'm getting closer to putting my kit on the car, so I was looking this stuff up.

What does he mean by the bracket that gfoes from the hood to the front bumper? there should be a brace for the bottom lip, and that's all I know. Is there supposed to be a brace to prop the hood open, like the Z had?

The hood should use the corvette hinges (Alpha/Rhino hood).

thx