HybridZ

G'day from another newbie

two40

I'm new to the boards & I just wanted to say G'day and I'm looking forward to learning from everyone. This place looks like a goldmine. :-D

I've recently purchased a '72 Z and I'm loving this piece of history. Prior to this I had a late model Skyline and as much fun as that was the Z is more enjoyable. There's something about driving old cars that's inexplicably satisfying. I've just discovered this and I'm hooked on the automotive history from the late sixties to the early seventies. Some of the best looking and interesting cars seem to have been born in this period. One of them being my dream car, '67 - '68 Fastback. They are pretty pricy here in Australia though so I settled for a Z instead. What I thought was a compromise has turned into good fortune though. Can't beat that curvaciously good looking light chassis with a 350 chev in her.

My car is bog stock atm but if one of my friends has something to do with it it won't be for long. He's been hounding me to drop a chevy in her and I'm caving in. So this is where you guys come in. I hope that your invaluable experience and knowledge will guide me through thick and thin and who knows, maybe one day I'll be on the other side returning this knowledge to some newbie.

/end rant

Cheers,

George