HybridZ

Question about an '83' Lincoln Continental 302 block.

Jwink25

My friend is looking at an engine from this car, and was wondering if the cam in it has a fuel pump lobe. It is throttle body injected but we will be putting it in an older truck and want to use the carb and intake from it. Can we use the manuel fuel pump on this engine? Any info on this would be great guys.

Thanks,

Jason

Guest cw280z

:!: and what i found out is that the fuel injected 302 in the lincoln is the ma &pops motor. if i understand your question correctly your wanting to know about putting carbs on one? if this is correct you have to change out the cam because the firing order is different and redo your plug wires to compensate. hope i understood your question right. chad

once you do that you should be able to use it just the same.

The firing order (two different cams available for the SBF) will work in any SBF. The only thing required is to re-arrange the spark plug wires to match the firing order of either cam. Camshaft replacement is not a necessity (unless the stock cam is too "stock" for your tastes). As far as the eccentric lobe that bolts onto the end of the camshaft (that drives a mechanical fuel pump), I don't know if they are on the EFI motors or not (I would doubt it).