HybridZ

I got my T4 compressor section to build my T3/T4

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

It's pretty big. Not as big as I thought it would be though. It does have a 3" inlet and a 2.5" discharge. That is sweet since it will make it nicer to run the 2.5" IC plumbing. It is a .85 a/r. I'm not sure of the wheel. What info is relavent on the wheel? Diameter? Number of fins?

Anyway, I think that since it is such a large a/r, it should make power over a broad area. I am fitting it to my .63 a/r turbine. I think I will have the turbine reworked for a better wheel. Hopefully it will spool fairly quickly, and keep pulling strong on the top end.

Guest JAMIE T

I measured the wheel. It has the same dimensions as a 60-1. I checked them against the Turbonetics website. I put the compressor next to my lil' brothers IHI from his Turbocoupe, LOL, wow what a differance. I'm stoked!!!

Guest JAMIE T

Interesting. No, I haven't tried it yet. I can say, I will be soooo pissed if it doesn't work out. I haven't even gotten my turbo engine yet. The guy I bought it from, and myself have had a hard time getting together. Hopefully, very soon though.

What compressor did you have? Mine is a Roto-master a/r 85. 3" inlet, 2.5" discharge. The wheel is 3"(larger side) and 2.32"(smaller end). Inducer, exducer, whatever! The auction(ebay, of course) said it would fit T3's. So, if it doesn't, a can of whipass is in order. Or it may be a reason to go bigger on the turbine, who knows.