HybridZ

280YZ questions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

is this kit even made anymore? also, what headlights do you all think would look good molded into the front? maybe some photoshop experts can post a pic? i really like those flares..

Guest Anonymous

Hi John, that car is simply amazing. Would you happen to know the specs on those wheels? Make, offset, width, etc?

I did see the positioning of those lights, but I was hoping to do a different setup. I'd like to have the lights in the actual body.. If this is possible, then I would like to purchase the kit considering everything goes ok with my shell. there is quite a bit of rust and if it is still salvageable, i'm buying that kit. So, if the hood is not included, is the stock one usable?

Thanks for your time,

Jason

Guest Anonymous

wow.. 12"??? that must be a wiiiiiide kit =) does anyone know the brand of wheels those are? or, a similar type rim.. i think image wheels in england has a similar rim. here is the pic that looks somewhat similar.

sm_billet3.jpg

btw, is he running a stock motor with triple carbs? i wonder how much power his setup produces... i love that car. i wish i had one :cry:

I've talked to several guys over the years about using a hole saw to cut a hole right in the front of what would otherwise be the headlight area, so as to mount a small-diameter round projector-beam light. I think that would look really cool. Maybe someone with Photoshop (who is better at it than I am) could cobble up a rendering.

If you look at Ted's car at http://www.reactionresearch.com/Fisher/index.htm

you will see his triple carb setup. I don't know the exact details of his engine, but as I recall he's over 300hp. He owns Primarily Japanese auto service in Tucson, so he knows a trick or two. That car really scoots around the track...seen it in person. Ted is a dealer for those wheels.

Jason, where are you located? I offer donor sourcing service and if you have more than a couple thousand bucks worth of rust repair to do, you should consider getting an AZ car. Even with the transport cost, you may come out well ahead.

Guest Anonymous

i like these rims:

http://www.fikse.com/fm10.html

anyway, John, I am located in Houston, TX. I still haven't taken the car to my friend who owns a body shop. If he can patch up the car for a reasonable price, I will probably keep it. he only requires that I get it running, which i havent even begun to do. I just purchased it a little while ago and got a public storage place for it. my car is an automatic, but i'd like to get a 5spd. so.. if you can find an AZ car that is 5spd with a good running motor, i might be able to sell this one and get one from you. i'll purcase the 280YZ kit while i'm at it. i wouldnt be able to afford the rims or anything else though! :cry:

let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

is the whole kit like that? I like the look of some of the glass bodies but more than looks I want to reduce weight. does anyone know anything about stand alone glass panels?

Just to be clear, the front fenders, air dam, and hood REPLACE existing sheet metal for a weight savings of more than 50%.

The rear quarters bond on over existing rear quarters, after trimming them out for the larger wheels and tires. There is a VERY SMALL weight increase in the rear. The original rear quarters can be removed for racing style application.

However, in most cases the weight savings are not worth the structural integrity degredation of removing that panel. The rear quarters on virtually any unibody car (like all Zs) is part of the structure of the car.

You can find all this information on my website on the FAQs page.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...