HybridZ

280YZ questions

Guest Anonymous

My car is not done yet. The SCCA is making 12 inch wheels legal for the first time in F Prepared this next year. The only person I have talked to running 16x12 wheels in autocross and hill climbs is Bill Coffey in Florida. He claims great success with handling and better tire wear than his 10 wheels and slicks. This blue car below is Bill Coffey's car.

smallcoffeyrear.jpg

smallcoffeyfront.jpg

ok i have some questions on that blue Z above...

thats the 280ZY kit?

just no 280ZY air dam right..

what did he do to make the MSA style air dams fit right?

he also got the headlight bucks put in to the fenders huh..

been talking to my father and we really want to get this kit BUT with ZG flares on top of that.

whats the widest wheels i can run with this you think?

i have 17x10.5 now in the rear with JUST ZG flares on a stock bodied Z.

any help would be great.

Mike

I don't know of any kits for the ZX, but ask John Washington himself at http://www.ztrix.com

and I also don't know what was involved in the modifications on Bill Coffey's car.

His wheels are 16x12 and Ted Fisher's car below has 18x12 wheels with 5 1/2 inch backspacing with 1/2 inch spacers up front. A front shot of my 16x12 wheel with 5 inch backspacing is at http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10653&sort=1&cat=500&page=1 (I don't have my original anymore)

280YZatspeed.jpg

is there anyway to get intouch with Bill Coffey?

im thinking ill be getting a 280YZ kit this year for the Hulk, and if i do that ill make the blue Z use my CCW wheels i have now and the ZG flares.

but with the Hulk (green Z) i want to keep it looking like a reg Z just wider. even going to extend to the 240Z Euro Bumpers and have them re-chromed.

mike

if you do end up getting in touch with bill post some stuff on here as i am looking for a way to incorporate headlights into the kit too. i was looking for more options on how to do it.

also how did he do that front bumper?

• 3 weeks later...