HybridZ

2001 Camaro Z28

Guest Look A Z

yup, its the LS1, I think GM started putting it in the f-body in 1998 and in the corvette in 1997.

You think right, generally the Fbody gets everything the next year, in some form or another. There are differences between the heads/intake and computer at a couple points, otherwise the same engine.

I believe the top ring was revised in 2000 or 2001 to deal with oil consumption with certain driving styles (low load high RPM).

Guest Look A Z

Awww... I C I C, hmmm he is saying that his z28 is going to smoke the 240 chevy 383. Hmmm... I wonder.... but then again he is a typical "ricer" he was talking to me today and was all telling me a throttle body, intake, and msd is going to give him about an additonal 70hp. I was just laughing in his face about that. I want to race him when I get my car. :D

telling me a throttle body, intake, and msd is going to give him about an additonal 70hp

The ignition system doesn't suck that badly, does MSD even offer one for the LS1? Why??????????

70HP, yeah thats BS, they are awesome cars though. I'd do a cam swap almost first thing for power, 390-400+ RWHP on stock heads is so easy it makes me sick.

If you can get your 383Z to hook it should be good, but alot of guys with power have no bite at all and it does not reflect well, I see cars HP for HP getting the same times as the heavier counterparts, what do you do when you can't step on the gas but your in 4th gear? You drive slowly.

Guest Anonymous

What is the widest tire you can fit on a 240z without tubbing? I saw a 71' supercharged LT1 240z with 235s on the back, seems like its just un-usable power. I want to do a early 70s 240 z lt1 swap but I'd like to get some decent sized tires under it. Is tubbing the only solution or can you fit some bigger rubber than 235?