HybridZ

Turbo 350 Transmission Question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

After replacing the broken part that connects the shift cable to the transmission, the metal rod that sticks out the side (I don' t know the name of it), I found a very small ball bearing underneath the car after I finished reassembling it. I haven't run the car yet or put fluid in the transmission and I was wondering if anyone knows what this part may be. I took off the sheet of metal/gaskets held up by the many bolts, which I discovered I didn't have to do, so I think it may go somewhere up there. I can't find diagrams anywhere so any help would be appreciated. TIA.

sounds like you found a check ball. swing by your local tranny shop and ask to see a checkball sheet for your transmission. you then have to drop your pan, valve body and seperater plate fide the missing ball and put it back! you can use vasaline to "glue" the balls in place while you re-assemble the parts. if you allready have the valve body down now is the perfect time to install a shift kit!!! (they will have the locations of the check balls in the instruction sheet (some kits tell you to leave certain ones out FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS)) Keith