HybridZ

LS1 / T56 Update #10

The updates will be coming weekly now. I had quite a review with John at John's Cars this evening. The plan is still solid to have my 280Z ready for the Thunder Over Texas event on Saturday, May 10th, at Texas Motor Speedway. I will be running it that evening on the speedway if everything holds together.

The accessory drive is now designed and the trial install complete. The alternator is low on the drivers side and the AC compressor is above it. It used the standard LS1 drive belt. I got a good look at the troques tube design for the transmission/differential mount. Sweet design.

Jeromio - I yield some onthe shifter location. The T56 comes up probably 1/2" in front of the stock 5-spd. location. Also - I think I'll be OK on the dipstick and the strut tower brace but it sill interfere with the oile filler cap - just barely. I'm going to wait a while and, once it's all done, revisit the situation. I may still get the Top End one and just modify it a bit. Really busy in the transmission tunnel. Actually had to pound on one area about 4x2" to improve clearance a bit. Not a lot but it needed to be done.

Again - a few of the earlier photos are posted in my personal album.

Has anyone had to modify the front differential cross mount member or the rear sway bar in these installations? Mine have been just a little bit in the way and had to be "tweeked" a bit.

Guest shodog

Phantom,

What is the Thunder Over Texas? Also I was wondering how easily it is working with John's cars? I know he usually does jags. Thank You

Thunder Over Texas is a huge motorcycle rally that occurs at Texas Motor Speedway each May. This year it is May 8, 9 & 10 and on Saturday the 10th it includes a car show from 9AM to 2 PM. I will be working the car show as a member of the club sponsoring it. also, that evening from 6-10PM. Texas Motor Speedway is having charity lap day which will allow anyone to run three laps on the speedway in their own vehicle for $25. For a few bucks more you can get your picture taken in the TMS winners circle with your car.

John Radevich, owner of John's Cars, is a perfectionist and very creative. As a result I'm going to end up with a very nice conversion. It has, however, now been nine (9) months since it started. If it had been a Jag conversion it would probably have taken less than a month. The next Zcar conversion he does will probably only take a couple months since now all the difficult details have been worked out on mine - as long as you don't ask him to do a drivetrain conversion he hasn't done before - like I did.

I'm actually in two clubs. One is the Cowtown Z Club n Fort Worth and the other is the Chariots of Light Christian Car Club. Chariots of Light Christian Motorcycle Club is hosting the big 3-day rally at TMS and the car club is tagging along with the car show that Saturday morning. If the car show is anything like the one we had last October there will be a lot of really sharp hot rods and classics as well as sports cars.