HybridZ

Really close to firing my turbo 240z

Looks like it may fire tonight or tomorrow night. Little bit of wiring left to do tonight, put in new plugs and check for proper fuel pump operation and spark. Then I will find out if the engine has good compression and hopefully doesn't smoke like a train. I have no idea how many miles are on it. Looking at the old spark plugs that were in it, it was burning oil on #2, won't know how bad until its running.

Mudge, were did you locate your AFM and air filter. My radiator hits the AFM, looks like I will have to customize the air inlet tube from the turbo to AFM to get the AFM to fit. Otherwise I would have to locate it in front of the radiator. Curious how you solved this problem.

Air filter? Whats that!? ;)

Yeah, I see the problem also. I am also using the turbo radiator, that had to be trimmed on both bottom edges to fit in the car. As for the AFM, I'll have to get some Home Depot CAI material some time, for now though I am holding it in place to the coil housing with a wire.

Len suggested that I keep things simple, and just use the duct hole that is there now, which I think was Nissans climate control system? Its an air duct, with a small black piece over it on both sides of the car. I saw that it would be easy, even though I didn't want to remove that, I may end up doing that just for the sake of not taking away all the metal that is on the front of the car thereby reducing strength yada yada...

So, the problem is not really solved for me, still trying to get it to fire. I dont have a condensor on my coil so I am going to find one, I dont even know if its important, but its in the book. I'm also wondering where the power source for the distributor comes from.