HybridZ

What type of flywheel/clutch assembly should be used?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a stock flywheel and LUKE pressure plate but my pedal pressure is too hard and my clutch will not disengage. What might be wrong or what combination would be better?

Guest Anonymous

Yes, this is a chevy V8Z hydraulic set up. I have a Wilwood master 5" in length from which I have a stainless steel braided (dash 3) connected to my '86 camaro slave cylinder, stock flywheel.

Please advise. What am I doing wrong? Why will my clutch not disengage, and why is my pedal pressure too hard?

Guest greimann

We are going to need to know the diameter of the master cylinder to understand the situation. It should be cast in the side of the cylinder body as a fraction. Also, is this LUK clutch an OEM style replacement or a racing type?

I have a very similar setup. I have the f-body T5 using the converted plastic slave cylinder and an oem Luk clutch package. The FIRST master cylinder I had was a tilton 3/4". It was too small and did not move enough fluid into the slave to disengage the clutch. After consulting with the folks here I changed to a 7/8" and everything worked fine. That explaines why your clutch doesn't disengage but it doesn't explaine why your pedal pressure is too high.

Did you just put the new clutch in? Cause when I got my engine the clutch was "frozen" as in rusted tight. No matter how hard I pushed it wouldn't dissengauge the clutch. Once I put the new clutch, throw out bearing and new pilot bearing in it worked fine!

This would not be your problem though if just did the clutch.

Guy