HybridZ

question about mustache bars

Guest battg8r

Guest battg8r

Did the 280zx R200's have mustache bars? I looked at two or three in a junkyard and they all attached with what looked like an 'L" bracket. If I swap that diff into a '72 240 do I need to find the right mustache bar? I found a complete '82 280zx engine and drivetrain and would like to use it if I can make it fit.

Thanks for any help or advice.

to the best of my knowledge the 280zx did not come with a mustache bar. to do the swap you need the mustache bar from a late model 280z or one of the 2+2 models whether it be 260 or 280. everything else should just bolt in.

Guest battg8r

That's what I was thinking. Now I have to track down a mustache bar. None of the 280's in the local junkyard have the correct mount. I'll keep looking.

The R-200 mustache bar was no longer used after the 280Z in 1978. It used a different bushing mount, the original mustache bar looks more stable in my opionion. If you need an R-200 mustache bar I have a few in my pile or parts, just let me know. Mike