HybridZ

weight distribution

Guest uberhahn

Guest uberhahn

Has anyone measured the weight distribution of their car? I'm talking about getting the weight percentage per wheel (example: car weighs 2600lbs, 30%Left Front, 32%Right front...).

I would think this topic would be of some concern considering the torque of the V8 and the relative lack of weight in the back.

This is a real newbie question, so I appologize if it's a repeat.

Thanks,

BK

I am just as much of a newbe as you are but if Im not mistaken a hybrid Z has more weight on the rear tires than than the front. I think the weight distribution is something like 49/51?? Actually Im not sure that a hybrid Z would not be considered a mid engine car because the engine is located behind the front sespension.

Guest zthang43

I haven't weighed my car yet, but it is basically the same setup that John Scott had with his 4.3 Chevy Z. (4.3 Chevy set back against the firewall). He said his weight distribution was 49/51 front/rear. It makes sense; when my car is in wet grass/dirt, the back wheels will push the car when the front wheels are locked up.

Guest uberhahn

Cool. i was hoping that the weight ratio Front/rear wouldn't be terribly disturbed by the installation of a V8. I didn't know that they were so balanced originally!

This helps fortify my goal of building a great car, eventually.

Thanks.