HybridZ

NEED HELP!!!!!!

Guest ultra_Z

Guest ultra_Z

this is my problem i'm trying to put a motor in my car everything was going well until I got to the clutch were i noticed that my crank shaft was different than my old one the new motor had come out of a car that had a automatic trans. the problem i'm having is the pilot bushing is not fitting I have tried putting the pilot bushing in the freezer and greasing it to get it to fit but nothing has worked so has anyone had this problem please help me I need your help. :?:

Sorry I can't help you directly. But what motor is this? An L6? You might want to repost this in the Datsun L6 forum. I would think that the bore in the crank should not change. Auto trans don't use that hole so it shouldn't matter.

Bass Lake California? I've been there. Beautiful area. Use to sail up at Huntington lake.

If the engine came out of an automatic car there is a spacer on the back of the crankshaft that has to be pried off. I can't remember if this will prevent the Pilot bushing from going in, but it definitely needs to be removed before mounting the flywheel for a clutch.

The pilot bushing is a tight fit in the crankshaft recess and usually takes some firm pressure to drive in. If you don't have some sort of driver tool to do this, be very careful tapping the bushing in so as not to damage it.

If the spacer is not the problem and the bushing is still too big for the hole, then you probably have the wrong pilot bushing.