HybridZ

Neoprene/foam for AC/Heat ducts/system

Brad-ManQ45

Anyone have any suggestions on what to use/where to get good replacement material for the HVAC in our cars?

I'm ready to replace the auto air (functioning) with the manual system in my ZXT and at the same time the wiring harness/analog dash conversion (speedo doesn't work but odometer does). I figure to do it right the first time and have no future issues.....

TIA

:)

Brad

Guest greimann

If you are talking about the foam seals around the flanges where the ducts plug into each other, then check out the weather strip aisle in the hardware or autoparts store. I think open cell foam (vs closed cell) would work fine for this.l

Guest Tempe_Z

You could probably scrounge up some old mouse pads and cut them out to fit too if you want real neoprene. Otherwise try a textiles warehouse or I'm sure you could find it for sale online somewhere without too much trouble. Closed cell will of course seal better than open cell foam but I doubt there's enough pressure in the system that it matters which you use honestly. Check around a computer store though for the open cell stuff, harddrives come in it alot and I bet they throw away more in a day than you would need.