HybridZ

nissan 3.0 twin turbo 6?

Guest Damn Cracker

Guest Damn Cracker

I was looking through some of my older car mags the other day, and I found an article on some guy's car in japan. I think it was called a nissan gloria, but I'm not sure. But it was a 4 door sedan, with a 3.0 twin turbo straight 6, and I was wondering if anyone had any info on the motor.

Guest Damn Cracker

Isn't that the new skyline and 350z motor? The car I saw was an older one, like mid 90's. If it is the same motor, does anyone know a good place to get one imported?

Guest Damn Cracker

I don't know, but they are 3 liters stock, it wasn't a custom motor, and it made 276hp, which i think is the limit for a stock car in japan.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 87-ZX

I think that motor may be an RB26DETT, which (if I remember correctly) is a 3.0L, 276hp, Twin-turbo, dual overhead cam, inline-six. :ugg:

Guest empracing

no......its a rb26 as in 2.6ltr and 280hp my ass!!! on a bad day there pumping 300 and isent it handy that they can run 14psi with the flick of a hose restrictor... glorias had v6's it might be a miss print but they had only one turbo so thats differant actually now i think about it leapods had the turbo ahhh its to confusing i give up...

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

hehe Japan learned from the muscle car eras trick of seriously lying about output. Heres an example

455 - rated at 360 hp and torque. Real world value - 425hp and 525 torque.

Skyline engines are serious contenders and make MUCH more thatn 276. maybe thats how much gets to the wheels? :?:

Guest JAMIE T

MMMMMM... Muscle car engines...

The legendary L88(alum. head 427, huge cam and carb) corvettes from '67-'69 were factory rated at 430hp. Thay actually made over 500hp. BUT, the factory was aware of the warrenty problems that is involved with producing a 500+hp PRODUCTION car. So, they rated it 5hp less than the much more streetable L89(I think that is right, Aluminum head 427 with mild cam and 3x2's). They sold many more of the L89 than the L88. But if you knew the real truth back then, you checked the L88 option code on your order form and got the MONSTER.

BTW, I worked at ZIP Corvette for a number of years. The owner had one of the two ZL-1's produced in '69. I get chills thinking of all aluminum 500+ hp production big blocks.