HybridZ

*sigh* 302 questions....

Guest Spider

Guest Spider

Welp, I found a murcury Grand marquis today for 300 bucks. Thinkin about doin the 302 conversion for my 260z. How the heck do i get started on this thing...also does anyone know what transmission comes with the grand marquis? should i be looking for a new one? so on and so on. Is ther ANYWHERE i can find motor mounts or do i have to have them made? if i have to have them made, how do i go about doing that...also, whats this i hear about needing a different tranny crossmember? how do i go about getting one of those too? The original plan was for the chevy 350...i MIGHT have a possible engine for that instead but the 302 only has 42k miles on it. Any info would be awsome to help me out...thanx

I think Al Silvera, a.k.a. Alsil, is still selling his crossmember for the Ford convertion. Check the member list and drop him an e-mail. Also, Jon Miwa, a.k.a. Jumbo240zz has a 302 in his Z. And Jon is not too far away from you , Antioch. Plus Jon just loves working on other peoples Z cars. Just ask Alex. He'll probably just run right up there and help you put it in. :wink:

Seriously, 300 clams is a great deal if it runs well and only has 42k on the clock. Are you sure that's not 142k, or 242k?

Guest Anonymous

the mercury came with a C-4 auto trans very common and cheap to upgrade to hold horsepower..most any ford mag will tell you how to upgrade it cheaply if you chose to go with it..would suggest a T-5 5spd though...stronger and even cheaper for the straight..or rails..

Guest Spider

well im not sure about the trans...i just want anything that will make the car run for now. Im carless at the moment. Does anyone happen to have a JTR manual i can buy or borrow from them. I know its for the chevy but it should help with a lot of problems i think...im just not sure where to get started with the ford engine. My worlds pretty upside down now that my plans have changed. yeah im sure its not 100k or 200k, They had a new engine put in it...i will have to verify that its a new engine but i trust what they say about it.