HybridZ

Idle Adjustment

280Zen

I read an article somewhere about an idle adjustment you can make if your car has a slight hesitation when given gas from an idle position. Of course I failed to print the article and have no idea where I read it. A black switch box on the throttle body/AFM??? something about a contact needing adjustment? If anyone knows what Im talking about can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

John

You mean the tps, or throttle position sensor? You need a voltmeter and a manual to adjust it, if you ask me. Personally I would not suspect that at first.

I would disconnect all my connectors to the ECU, and AFM, and clean with brake clean and reconnect and see what happens.

What happens after the stumbl? Does the car drive like it should?

When is the last time you did a tune up? Something to consider.

Car runs fine after the first bit of hesitation, After the car has warmed up it doesn't seem to do it at all. This car has been stored for a few years and is just now back on the road With new plugs, injectors, removed and cleaned the fuel rail, fuel filter, fuel pump, sending unit, new gas tank.