HybridZ

74 260 V8 Swap Combinations

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok here Goes :D I have Two 74 260 Z One Was A awesome Donor Till I Found Out It does not have Much Frame rails or body panels ,floorboards Left. So i went and bought a Nice 260/74 Body In ohio.. Been Doing Alot Of work On it . Getting Ready For New Paint And The V8... i Have A 62 Corvette Motor. 327 250 HP... It needs A total Rebuild. i have the world class t5 Out of a Camaro 89 i think. I think My rearend Is the 331 Ratio.The engine Going To the Machine Shop in a Couple Of weeks. Im going to tempoary us the heads There 194s With a little Work... What would you guys us for the cam combinations And I know im going To buy new pistons What Compresion Ratio Do you think. And What Intake.

Mostly It will Be a Street Beast / weekender. But yes I would like to Drive It a couple of hours To My Hometown.... Any info Would be Greatly

Appreciated... :roll:

I recommend you call a few cam manufacturers and get professional opinions. Thats why they are there. Once they get the specifics of your combo they can recommend a cam that will fit your exact needs. I know Comp Cams makes a great cam and they have awesome customer service. I would try them first. While Im here, i'll take a stab at the the cam I WOULD pick. For that combo Id give the Comp Cams Xtreme Energy 262 a try. good luck

RJ