HybridZ

351c help please

t-tom

I have a 351c in my car I have stong spark (at the plugs) and gas but it wont start. The car has been sitting for around a year would the gas have gone bad? Could this be the reason it wont start? I have checked the firing order and replaced the cap, rotor, plugs, plugwires, and coil. I dont know where to look next but the gas. The timing is correct but it wont even try to fire, even with starting fluid it wont catch.

Try checking the plugs, if they are wet it is because the fuel is old. Try draining the carb to get some fresh gas up from the tank. If the tank has old gas in it you will have to drain it then get fresh gas in it. Pull the plugs to dry out the cylinders then replace them with new plugs. To do it cheaper you could also try mixing in fresh gas in with the old and cleaning the plugs but you would get better results with the first way.

Good luck.

Don

Drained all the gas today in the carb the tank and the lines, replaced the plugs and it still wont start. I pulled one of the valve covers and there was a froth like foam that was grey and turned to water when you touched it.

Sounds like you will need to drain the engine oil and change the filter because it has water in it. When you do, watch the oil comming out of the pan because if there is a lot of water in it the water will come out first to give you an idea of the amount. Do you know the history of the engine and how it got in this condition, it might help in trying to figure out what happened.

Don