HybridZ

NEWBIE LOOKING FOR DIFF OPTIONS

Guest HBskinheadZ

Guest HBskinheadZ

Hello all, I have a 1974 early 260z,89-350roller 700r4, I am going to the Long Beach hot rod swap meet this Sunday (please bring yours)and to several salvage yards :twisted: I want an R200 and need to know what I should be looking for, I really want bolt in LSD with shafts am I dreaming? Any suggesions on brakes?

Guest HBskinheadZ

Can I use the shafts from the 87t or should i look for others there? I want to get it on the road and would like to use whatever is available $$$. Will my 180 shafts work? My understanding is the R200 shafts are shorter on one side.

An R-200 has many internal options. Ratio for staters; and the LSD issue you have options here too, LSD, VLSD or HLSD. The drive shafts will almost all be able to be adapted to the Z car without issues with the right custom parts. As for the carrier and ring gear be aware of the 10mm or 12mm bolt size. If you mix them up you 'can' solve this rather easily. Both the ring and pinion are stamped so get the matched set. Check out MM as stated for ideas on brakes but there is a post on the brake forum that lays out my Port list.

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19020&highlight=

If you don't have luck at the yards or swap meet, I have a few items that may interest you under buy, sell, trade on this site. Mike :D Can't blame me for trying to move some parts can ya?

Go here:

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19471&highlight=vlsd

Note the spline area on the shaft. Only the VLSD uses this shaft. If you get a LSD (clutch pack version) you will be able to install it with out issue period! If you use a 4.11 R-200 form the 200SXT you will only need to switch the stock differential inner stubs only for this to work. The drive mechanizm is broken into Five basic parts. First the Differential Inner Stub, second the CV or U-joint Half-Shaft, thirdly the Companion Flange, fourth the Stub Axle, and the most important the Third Member or differential. As for using the CV's you will need to adapt it to the companion flange so see MM for this or your local machinist. Mike