HybridZ

starting my swap..

hey guys, I actually decided to put a 7mgte into the 71, not my TOP choice, but Id rather have that than a v8. I got a good deal on it, got some goodies on her, should have a quick powerband, should make about 350-400rwhp. Which means with a badass suspension and big tire set up I could actually drive it on the road, hit some mountain passes and road courses. And based on what I have seen this exact same set up do in a mk2 supra chassis, which weighs about 600 pounds more than the Z AND had a terrible suspension, wheel, and tire set-up, probably can make it run deep 11's if not high 10's.

Guest Zachb55

Cant wait to see some pics, this is a swap ive concidered, and likely one of the best options for the money :-D

-Zach

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alfman240z

im really new to THIS forum but been around other 240z and Z car forums, and was looking hard for the right engine swap, and i think that the 7m-gte would be the right one for me, here in san diego, let me know how it goes im still doing general restoration right now but im starting to look for supra engines and would love some helpful tips as you get through your swap. GOOD LUCK and happy swapping.

il be posting my progress in the my other thread, 7mgte swap progress or whatever i called it, sorry i have been slow with pics but i actually havnt had time to move it, just FYI, ill be doing the r200 with this swap, i believe having the r200 rear end is basically Necessary for this swap based on the torque-yness of the 7m.