HybridZ

Tire options for 17x7 rims

Guest 240Z_72

Guest 240Z_72

Waiting for my 17x7 Centerline Rhino's to arrive, and I need to decide on the tires. Seems like you guys are saying that 225/45/17 will work all the way around, and one guy said that 235/40/17's will work with stock suspension. I'd like to hear more from people who run 225/45/17's with no clearance issues. I want to go as wide as I can, but don't know if I like how thin the 40's are, so I think I want to go with a 45 minimum, and as wide as I can from there. The problem is that I'll need to mail order these and I don't want to wind up with a set that rubs.

Thanks,

Kurt

'72 240Z L28 turbo

'76 280Z V8

Guest thepenguin99

I dont know about 225s but my 215/45/17s fit pretty well with stock suspension/body. The only rubbing issue I have is that one of the front tires hits the stock valance when I have the wheels turned in reverse. I do not think this is an issue with the tires though, I am thinking its a worn out suspension component.

Nathan

I have 225/45/17 on 2001 Maxima wheels on my 240. I run Ground Control coilovers. They are a little to tall for my liking but do not rub anywhere. It really depends on your wheel offset - mine is +38mm. My wheels are tucked in the wheel well pretty good. I think that the 235/40/17 might be better because they are about 1/2 inch shorter. Next time I will go with 235/40/17 to get a little more rubber under my car. Hope this helps - Doug

I'm running 17x7 centerlines. I installed 225x45x17 Falken Azenis Sport all four. I love them! Haven't had any trouble rubbing at all. Even when I hit gravel and a ditch jumped right out in front of me! :? I have a 1983 280zxt stock suspention. I cut 3/4 of my coil springs off all four springs, KYB 5 way adjustable struts/shocks.