HybridZ

LT1 boys

Guest Your Car is Slow

I know someone that was considering it, but I think Nomad is the only one that has done it for sure (Shannon). He also does 52mm from the 48mm stocker, I just bought a 58mm BBK and fixed the IAC circuit they so crudely hacked together.

Guest Your Car is Slow

Yea..ive heard the BBKs were shit.

Just started a welding class and have access to some pretty amazing frikkin tools and equipment in the local community college shop.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I have a throttle body sittin around doin nothing :)

Hogging it out would be a breeze....but fabrication of the monoblade would be a nightmare me thinks!

Yeah, most of the aftermarket TBs have a stupid IAC setup - and I wasn't going to pay Holley money, when all it requires was a 1/2" peice of pipe (used thin copper). Then drilled the an IAC bypass hole which it didn't even have like the stocker does, before that my IAC counts were maxed @ 160 and the car would not even idle.

Guest Your Car is Slow

You would have to have forced induction, or serious headwork/cams to benefit from that size throttle body.

It wouldnt do a damn thing on a stock motor :)

Actually they do a little for stock engines, just like the TB bypass - nobody really expected anything from it. I'd rather spend $300 on something else, and if your going to do it dont bother with a 52mm IMO go 58mm - except then you have to work the intake. As for the mono from a 48mm stocker, it wont be as big as an ASM mono, but its cheap I spose.