HybridZ

What pulleys?

All right, I am finally biting the bullet and trading my short water pump in on a long style one. I absolutely cannot find alternator brackets that will work for me and it is just too much of a pain in the ass. The only accessory I am running is my alternator. If I just go ahead and order a one-groove water pump pulley and one-groove crank pulley, I should be good if the alternator is mounted in the typical upper passenger side position, right? What diameter crank pulley should I get? Thanks guys.. I appreciate it. I'd like to get this stuff as soon as possible so quick responses are appreciated ;)

Guest kc6wfs

Hi Nion,

I have a short waterpump and found some brackets that will work at the local auto parts place.

I did have to do some funky retro fit for it though.

I think I have the part numbers listed on my cost list and pics on my web page.

Dave

cheers.gif

Guest Anonymous

On your basic long pump install the pulley diameter I think isn't a super issue, if I recall the pulley is forward and clear of the steering rack. Most of your off the rack billet pulleys most speed stores carry work fine. Might not be a bad idea to get a two pulley setup on now, just in case you want to do something later like power steering or A/C, about the same price and doesn't hurt to have a empty pulley if your not using it currently. I think I paid about 50 bucks a piece for Billet pulleys and they look and work great.

Regards,

Lone

i've got some pulleys you can use. they are from 80's (i think '85 to '88) f-body cars. they have two standard v-belt grooves and a 5-rib serpentine groove. you can see them here on my last engine, a 350. they are good pulleys, plus i like using the wide serpentine belt for the alternator. set comes with pulleys for alternator, water pump, and crank. if you want them, they are for sale for cheap. just shoot me an email.

you can get the brackets to mount the alternator from td performance or moroso (i got mine from pepboys) for less than $20.