HybridZ

Drivers side Window...

Guest Pegasus76

Guest Pegasus76

I closed my driver door yesterday and my window completely shattered...I have no idea how that happened but it did. Is the window hard to replace? How is it done? Or should I just take it to somebody?

It's fairly easy to remove - takes a bit of maneuvering to get the glass out of the frame/door after you unbolt it.... but then yours is in pieces!

Just remove the door panel and plastic weather sheild (if you have it still!), then unbolt the glass from the sissor jack and remove whatever you have remainng.

To install, start the glass into the door frame (while standing at the inside of the door) with the forward bottom edege first and work it down into the door with the window crank fully lowered to give you maximum maneuvering room. Once you get the leading edege in, keep moving the glass forward as you bring the rear down into the door frame - kind of like a scooping motion.

Once the bottom of the glass in within the door frame, wind up the window crank to meet the glass, align the frame with the bolt holes, and bolt it in.

While you are in there, take the time to regrease the sissors and window mechanism.